You can add infrastructure to PastureMap to get a more detailed picture of what your property looks like. You can add infrastructure such as gates, water troughs, rain gauges, hay bales, and other if you have other specific objects to add.

For each of these objects you can put an installation date and time, a picture of the object, and you can add specific notes to these objects as well. In addition to an install date, the hay bale has the options to put a date when the bale should be consumed, and the weight of the hay bale.

How to add infrastructure:

  1. Go to the top left corner where the blue menu bar is located and click on the "Add items to map" tab.

2. Next, a pop-up menu will appear. Click on the "Add Infrastructure" tab.

3. Then, you can select what type of infrastructure you want to add. You can choose from gates, water troughs, rain gauges, hay bales, and other for specific type of objects.

4. Next, click an area on the map where you want to add the infrastructure. Once you click on an area, another pop-up window will appear. You can add an installation date, a photo, and you can put a note for what ever you want to document.

5. Finally, click save and you are done. You can continue adding as much infrastructure as you would like. When you are finished adding all the infrastructure you would like you can click on the "Done adding Infrastructure" tab.

Adding Hay Bales:

When adding hay bales, PastureMap gives you the option to put the weight of the hay bale and the date the bale should be consumed. All the other information can be included as normal. The bale will be removed after the "consumed by" date.

Did this answer your question?