To Draw a Pasture
These are the steps you may need to draw a pasture.
Select the "Map" tap at the top of the screen and click on the "Add Items to Map" icon. The icon looks like a plus sign in an orange box.
2. Use the mouse or trackpad or arrow key to navigate around the Map; or you can find your ranch by simply entering an address using the search bar.
3. Click the green box marked "Draw Pasture".
4. Add points to your pasture by clicking on the Map. After clicking on the first point, simply move the mouse to add other points. You can zoom in and out by using the plus and minus icon at the bottom of the screen or by using the mouse.
5. After outlining the pasture, click on the first point again to close the boundaries.
6. A pop-up box will appear on the upper left of your screen showing the area and perimeter of your new pasture. Type in a new name in the box under “Pasture Name”, and then hit the green button marked “Save.”
7. To undo a point, click the “undo last point” box in the upper right of the screen.
8. Once done, Click “exit pasture drawing” in the upper right.
To Create A Pasture by Uploading A KML File
From the “Map” tab, click the “Add items” icon shaped like a plus sign inside a square. Click the green button labeled “Upload KML”.
2. Upload the KML file. The PastureMap team will add the file to your account.
Edit Pasture Details
At the top of the screen, click the “Pastures” tab, and then click on the pasture you would like to edit.
On the left side under the picture of the pasture, click the box labeled “EDIT PASTURE”.
3. From the pop-up window you can edit the pasture name and percent grazeable area, adjust pasture boundaries, add grass type, and view pasture area and perimeter.
4. When done, click the green “Save” button.
Adjust Pasture Boundaries
From the map view, click the pasture you would like to edit.
At the upper left of the screen by the pasture name, click on the "Edit" icon with a pencil-like shape.
3. From the pop-up window, click “Adjust boundaries.”
4. Drag a fencepost to move it. To add a fencepost, click on the point halfway between two existing posts. To delete a post, click on the point halfway between two existing posts and then hit “Delete”.
5. Once done, click “Save and Exit” on the pop-up window.
Delete A Pasture
Click the pasture you would like to delete from the Map view.
Click “Delete”. The icon is shaped like a trash can.
3. A pop-up window with a warning message displaying "Confirm deletion" will show, click “Delete” again.